Saturday, March 31, 2007

Roll Call

Okay, so we have done a "where's waldo" type roll call. Amy and I discussed it, and I think she hasn't gotten to making this post because she wants me to do it, but this week's roll call is......

"What is Waldo up to?" Pretty much, what is a typical day like in your family?

I'll start....

At the awful hour of 5:00 a.m. my alarm starts reminding me that I must get up. Kind as it may be, I still give it a good whack and roll over hoping to catch at least 8 more minutes of sleep. This continues until about 5:30. I get up get my self ready for the day and then proceed to wake grumpy-pants up. Contrary to your thinking that is not Damon. It's Courtney. She is not a morning person. She likes to wake up...not be told to wake up. We do our morning routine of me begging her to go potty so she can get dressed and go to school. I tempt her with what she wants for breakfast, seeing her teachers, and then I just plop her rear on the toilet seat kicking and screaming (her, not me). 30 minutes or so later we are headed out the door and somehow we managed to get breakfast to fit into the whole mess.
I teach all day and Courtney goes to daycare a.k.a school. I am blessed that the school where I teach also has a daycare attached (gotta love the private schools!) so she is very close by. After 8 long hours of teaching I usually drag myself over to her classroom pick her up and we head back home. Unless of course it is a Tuesday or Wednesday. On Tuesdays Courtney has a gymnastics class, so we usually run around until that starts (once I am home, I don't want to leave!) On Wednesdays we have been known to do the same for church....but since it starts so much later, I sometimes come home. We have so many other activities scattered here and there, but not on a regular basis. The larger my belly gets, the more I want to just get home and chill.
We try our best to eat at home, but cooking for 1 1/2 is really hard, so my child is a lover of most fast foods! She is especially fond of Taco Bell and Pizza Hut (at least she is loyal to the company....maybe it's because I drank so much Pepsi while I was pregnant with her). If we drive by a TB she will say, "Oh mama, look it's a bell....I need a soft taco without any lettuce and a sprite." Sure you do kiddo. Maybe when daddy comes back home we will eat at home more often.
We have a pretty strict bedtime of 8:00...oh wait that was a complete lie. The ideal bedtime in our house is 8:00. Lately it's been more like 9:00, but who's counting. If we weren't on daylight savings time it would be 8:00. We call daddy before we go to bed most nights, if he's available. That usually turns into her talking for 5 minutes and I talk for an hour, so unlimited long-distance (which ironically covers Guam) is our life line. Then we are off to bed so that we can start another day in the Blankinship Bungalow!

So now that I have wasted Courtney's nap time and my floors aren't mopped anymore than they were when I started this....what's life like in your house???

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay Gina! I am so sorry you had to waste a perfectly good nap time, but don't you think you should avoid mopping in your condition anyway? I think you should wait until the dirt is noticeable from twelve feet away. I have always considered that a good measure.