Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Funny Father

One of my favorite dad (Among Many) funny memories but at the time was the most horrifying. As a young school-girl I worked very hard at being a wall flower. I never wanted the spotlight shining on me because most usually anytime I experienced “center of attention” it was not a very pleasant time. So my whole goal was to try to fly under the radar as much as possible. Having a dad like mine made this quite difficult. You never knew what he might try, do or say but one thing for sure whatever it was it would take you by surprise. He even surprised himself at times.
We lived across the street from a park and my journey home from school would take me through the park. This meant that you could see our house for three or four blocks before you were actually got there. I was horrified one day as I was walking home from school and saw my father vacuuming our yard. It was his version of a Kirby leaf blower…

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just loved his, "if it makes some sense, try it" kind of way.