Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Roll Call..or whatever Amy calls it!

I almost forgot that I am supposed to do the Saturday thingy on here....I need lots of reminders.
So here's my discussion starter....


What is your favorite Grandma/Grandpa Cummings memory?

You are twisting my arm so I guess I will be the one to start.

I love, no wait I LOVE grandma's rolls. As a matter of fact if anyone has that recipe, I'd love to make an attempt at making them. One day I begged grandma to make rolls and being the sweet soul that she was, she agreed. As she was trying to teach me the fine art of roll making the phone rang a half a dozen times; I decided we needed music and turned her little black radio that sat on the kitchen counter to MY favorite radio station; we got half way through the recipe and realized we were missing an ingredient and had to make substitutions. Three hours or so later grandma and I had made 2 dozen of the most delicious rocks known to man. We thought they had doubled in size when we let them rise...apparently it was double in hardness. We laughed as we shot them into the trashcan like little basketballs. The sound of them hitting the bottom of the trashcan still rings in my ears.

Now, what's your favorite memory??

PS Damon leaves on deployment at 4:30 AM tomorrow...keep him (and us) in your prayers!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You really took "Roll" Call to heart!

One time Grandma was visiting us and she was saying that she felt very tired among a few other symptoms. I told her that it sounded like she could be pregnant. With all seriousness she replies, "Oh I hope not." That woman never discounted anything as a possibility.

Gina said...

Grandma and I made the original weapons of mass destruction!!!