Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lonely's First Car

I don't remember my first date or my last date,......but it was probably with Not Hertz. I remember my first car was a gray & white 1956 Chevrolet, 235 six cylinder, power glide automatic. I payed $210 cash for it. Sure wish I still had it. My Dad wanted me to establish some credit at the bank to buy the car. When I found out that they were going to charge $6.00 in interest I pulled the money out of my savings account and bought the car. The banker called Dad before I got back to the station and Dad was mad that I did not borrow the money to establish some credit. I must have that Alz. disease. I can't remember how to spell it or what I did this morning, but I can remember that car and my 1965 Riviera, 425 2/4 barrel carborator, positive track rear end blog, blog, blog, blog, .................Lonely

7 comments:

Amy said...

Why "Lonely"? I thought you were Lovely.

Not Hertz said...

I used to be Lovely, now I am Lonely, soon I will be Deadly.
Lonely

Amy said...

Well, we can all rejoice that, at least for now, you are Lively. Sorry about the bad joke. I was feeling a tad Silly.

Gina said...

He is lonely because as with Amy, we can only only have one in our family.....therefore he is lonely.

Sandra Dodd said...

Lee you were 40 years old when you were born… and the first one in the family to have any sense!

Sandra Dodd said...

The 65 rivera was a beautiful car... It got how many miles to the gallon...7 ?

Not Hertz said...

IT got 4 to 6 when you put your foot in it. The most I ever got was 13 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. The speed limit was 70. At 65 you could feel the second carb just begin to kick in, so I only did it once. Most of the time on the highway I could get about 10 mpg.
lonely